World premiere of new crossover: ŠKODA expands its SUV family
January 16, 2019
- Completely new crossover model combines advantages of an SUV with the agility of a compact car
- State-of-the-art assistance systems meet fresh design and many Simply Clever features
- World premiere of the new ŠKODA model in March 2019 at the Geneva Motor Show
Mladá Boleslav, 16 January 2019 – ŠKODA’s SUV offensive is continuing apace. With the new crossover, the Czech brand is presenting another new model that will expand its SUV range, complementing the successful KODIAQ and KAROQ. ŠKODA has released a teaser image showing the vehicle’s silhouette – the first indication of what the future crossover model, which will have its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show (5–17 March), will look like. The image provides a first glimpse of the front section and also shows the distinctive new LED headlamp design with separate daytime running lights at the top and integrated dynamic indicators.
The new ŠKODA model offers the best of two worlds. It combines the advantages of an SUV – raised seating position, better overview, more comfortable ingress and egress, increased ground clearance – with the agility and handling of a compact car. This makes the ŠKODA urban crossover model an ideal car for the city and beyond. Based on the Volkswagen Group’s Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB), ŠKODA model offers new assistance systems along with many Simply Clever features – one of the brand’s hallmarks, along with the spacious interior.
- was founded during the pioneering days of the automobile in 1895, making it one of the longest-established automobile companies in the world.
- currently offers its customers nine passenger-car series: the CITIGO, FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA, KAROQ, KODIAQ, as well as the KAMIQ (in China) and the SUPERB.
- delivered more than 1.25 million vehicles to customers around the world in 2018.
- has belonged to Volkswagen Group since 1991. The Volkswagen Group is one of the most successful vehicle manufacturers in the world. In association with the Group, ŠKODA AUTO independently develops and manufactures vehicles, as well as components such as engines and transmissions.
- operates at three locations in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia, Algeria and India mainly through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine and Kazakhstan with local partners.
- employs over 35,000 people globally and is active in more than 100 markets.
- is pressing ahead with the transformation from a traditional car manufacturer to the ‘Simply Clever company for the best mobility solutions’ as part of the ŠKODA 2025 Strategy.